OHIO COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Ohio County Public Library, in cooperation with the goals of the West Virginia Library Commission and in compliance with the West Virginia Code of Rules, exists to provide books and related materials that will assist the residents of the community in the pursuit of knowledge, information, education, research, and recreation in order to promote an enlightened citizenry and to enrich their quality of life.
The library with seek to fulfull this mission by:
Adopted by the Ohio County Public Library Board of Trustees, March 11, 1997.
- providing a safe and pleasant environment in which to utilize the resources, services, programs, and facilities of the library
- maintaining a well-balanced collection of authoritative, accurate, and current materials
- establishing and maintaining the library as an information center for the community by providing access to optimum information systems and services on a local, national, and global level
- providing prompt, efficient, friendly, and courteous service
- presenting programs on a variety of subjects in appropriate formats for children, young adults and adults
- seeking to identify the needs of all groups in the community and meeting those needs within the scope of library resources
- working in cooperation with other libraries of all types in the community and in the region to provide library and information services with minimum duplication and maximum efficiency