The Brown Collection of Photographs
Photograph 29 of 94
The Suspension Bridge was at one time the longest suspension bridge in the world. It was opened and dedicated August 1, 1850. It blew down in 1854 but was rebuilt in 1856.
Brown Collection Main|
|Suspension Bridge History
Service provided by the staff of the Ohio County Public Library in partnership with and funded in part by the Wheeling National Heritage Area Corporation.