The Brown Collection of Photographs
Photograph 5 of 94
This old tavern was built by Samuel Carter and later sold to G.W. Stamm, grandfather of Mrs. O.W. Burdats. It stood opposite Wheeling Park on National Road. Many famous people stopped at this tavern, including Martin Van Buren in 1848.
Brown Collection Main|
|Hotels and other business landmarks
Service provided by the staff of the Ohio County Public Library in partnership with and partially funded by Wheeling National Heritage Area Corporation.