FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
First Baptist Church, Twelfth and Byron Sts., Wheeling, W. Va.
Nicoll's Art Store, postmarked 1907
Located at 1200 Byron St., this church was built in 1837 as St. Matthew's Episcopal Church. It was sold to the First Baptist Church in 1866. In more recent years it has had a variety of other identities, most recently, Church of God and Saints of Christ.
|OCPL History On-Line|
Service provided by the staff of the Ohio County Public Library in partnership with and funded in part by the Wheeling National Heritage Area Corporation.