THE BELMONT COVERED BRIDGE
from Wheeling Island to the Bridgeport, Ohio, this bridge carried the National Road from 1836 until it was replaced in 1893 by the present iron bridge. It was designed by Lewis Wernway.
Auvil, Myrtle. Covered Bridges of West Virginia. Parsons : McClain, 1973.
|OCPL History On-Line|
Service provided by the staff of the Ohio County Public Library in partnership with and funded in part by the Wheeling National Heritage Area Corporation.